Pod is an established home accessories and lifestyle retailer based in the South West of England with three successful shops in Bristol, Cheltenham and Oxford. An online shop, www.the podcompany.co.uk was launched in November 2006 and plans for a mail order catalogue and further shops are in the pipeline. This growth has been achieved through our passion for the products, the pod retail offering, and our dedication to providing an extraordinary and enjoyable shopping experience for our customers.
Location: Oxford View on Map
Job Title: Part Time Sales Assistant
We are looking for bright & enthusiastic individuals with a creative flair to join our Oxford team. A passion for excellent customer service is essential.
Retail experience is preferred.
Please email your CV & covering letter to:
We regret that we are not able to reply to those not selected for interview.
Location: Oxford View on Map
Job Title: Store Manager
Pod is an established gift, home and lifestyle retailer based in the South West of England. With shops in Bristol, Cheltenham and Oxford as well as an online shop www.thepodcompany.co.uk. Our success has been achieved through a passion for design led products, and a dedication to providing an inspirational and enjoyable shopping experience for our customers.
We are looking for a highly creative, organised and enthusiastic individual to manage our Oxford store. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with creative flair and excellent organisational skills to work in a stimulating environment and make a real difference! Fresh thinking, a practical approach and an eye for detail will be highly valued. The role requires a good understanding of the retail industry and a talent for merchandising exciting and innovative products to optimise the retail space. You will be working with an Assistant Manager, part-time staff and liaising daily with the buying team, web and office based staff to ensure the smooth running of the shop.
You will be expected to:
- Manage and motivate a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency
- Ensure smooth day to day running of the shop
- Plan and implement creative window displays
- Implement creative merchandising throughout the shop
- Process deliveries, replenish and rearrange the stock
- Organise special promotions, displays and events
- Handle staffing issues including interviewing potential staff
- Maintain a high standard of order & cleanliness
- Ensure the team understands and adheres to company policies and procedures
- Delegate tasks where possible to enable the team to contribute to all aspects of running the store
- Confidently respond to customer requests, comments or complaints
- Identify and resolve urgent issues
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry
- Understand forthcoming customer initiatives and monitor what local competitors are doing
- Liaise and provide constructive feedback on best and worst sellers to the buying team
- Creative flair and real enthusiasm for our retail offer is essential
- Visual merchandising experience necessary
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills and a passion for excellent customer service
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Ability to manage a team and delegate tasks effectively
- Retail experience necessary
If you wish to apply for this vacancy please send your CV and a covering letter to
Angie Coombes-Smart: email@example.com